Freddie's quick stir-fried rice noodles with crystal prawns
Photo by Jason Burgess
|1 packet||Rice noodles, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes|
|1||Raw prawn, De-veined and shelled (enough for 6 people)|
|1||Bok choy, julienned|
|2||Garlic cloves, minced|
|4 Tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|2 Tbsp||Oyster sauce|
|2 Tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 tsp||Sesame oil|
|2 Tbsp||Shaoxing rice wine|
|1 to garnish||Spring onion, sliced|
|1 to garnish||Cashew nuts|
- Mix eggs in a bowl. In a hot skillet, add 2 tbsp of oil.
- Pour in eggs and cook into an omelette.
- Remove from heat and slice into long strands, ready as a garnish.
- Heat the skillet again to a high heat. Once hot, add in the prawns and stir fry quickly for 1 minute.
- Add Shao Xing wine and cook for a further minute.Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok, add garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the carrots, bok choy, onions and drained, rehydrated noodles.
- Cook for 3 minutes, tossing regularly.
- dd oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and mix well.
- Cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes. Toss in the shrimps and mix well.
- Serve on a platter and top with cashew nuts, strips of egg and spring onions.
- Serve with a wedge of lime for added zing.