( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
The cauliflower is almost undetectable and adds a wonderful texture. If you are cutting back on the carbs, or you're gluten-free, this is a great one for you. Try to grate your own cheese as the pre-grated cheese is covered in flour, and get creative with your toppings.
|1||Egg, white only|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|½ tsp||Garlic powder|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Process or grate cauliflower until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Place in a clean tea towel and squeeze out all the juice. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add egg, egg white, oregano, parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper. Combine well.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper on an oven tray and spread cauliflower out evenly to make a pizza base.
- Cook for 15 minutes until crispy on top and edges. Leave to cool until ready to use.
- Place toppings on base and return to the oven for 15 minutes or until golden. Eat while hot.