Hot rainbow chard salad with crispy roasted garlic skins
( SERVES 4 )
Spring is here… and lunch outdoors is looking even more tempting. Instead of grabbing a bite at the shops, enjoy this fresh take on a sub sandwich, and a crispy twist on vegetable salad in the form of roasted garlic skins.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the tomatoes and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and put into the hot oven for about 30-40 minutes.
- To make vinaigrette, blend the lemon juice, olive oil, 2-3 cloves of the roasted garlic, salt and pepper, using a kitchen whiz or food processor.
- Wash chard in fresh water and drain. Just before serving, saute chard in a hot frying pan with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the chard on a large serving plate with the roasted vine tomatoes, the flesh and the outer skins of the roasted garlic and dress with the vinaigrette. Serve.