Bocconcini and smoked salmon fettucine
Photo by Tamara West
Warren Elwin uses fresh buffalo mozzarella and bocconcini to add a touch of Italy. It’s important to use a quality fresh cheese for these recipes. Warren used Clevedon Valley Buffalo — tastes just like it does in Italy.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and add back to pot over a low heat.
- Add some blanched snow peas, some edamame beans or shelled broad beans and some torn pieces of buffalo bocconcini.
- Toss over heat to lightly melt the cheese.
- Add a handful of hot-smoked salmon chunks and a handful of fresh mint and oregano leaves and season with a little salt and pepper.
- To serve tip out on a platter and dress with a lemon and mustard vinaigrette.