Spicy couscous with lamb
Photo by Tamara West
For some wow-factor on the weekday table, try this combo — it’s quick, simple, tasty and a little different
- Toast curry powder, cumin and cinnamon in a small saucepan over a medium heat, stirring constantly for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add water, currants, salt, pepper and butter and bring to the boil.
- Place couscous in a large bowl, pour in boiling water mixture, cover with a plate or plastic food wrap and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Season your lamb well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and fry in a little hot oil for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Rest for a couple of minutes.
- Toss the couscous with a fork and fold through chopped nuts and herbs. Serve with lamb and seasonal greens.
Make a raita to serve as an accompaniment: Mix ½ cup natural yoghurt with ½ cup grated cucumber (squeeze out excess liquid from the cucumber in your hand), add chopped mint, salt and a little crushed garlic to taste.