Peanut butter and jam roll ups
( SERVES 36 )
The ultimate cookie for kids. Best of all, you can pre-make and freeze the rolls, then slice and bake when needed.
|225 g||Butter, softened|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|2¼ cups||Plain flour|
|2 Tbsp||Peanut butter, or you may want to use up to 3 Tbsp|
|2 Tbsp||Raspberry jam, or strawberry jam (use a no-added sugar variety if you can)|
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Cream the butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat well. Fold in the flour and mix well until it comes together to make a soft dough.
- Wrap in clingfilm, chill for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in half and roll out one piece at a time (chill the remaining portion) into a rectangle, approx 20 x 30cm, between two sheets of baking paper.
- Then chill for 5 minutes – repeat with remaining dough.
- Spread the chilled dough with peanut butter and jam, and roll up neatly.
- Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 15 minutes before cutting into slices 1½ -2cm wide, and place onto lined trays.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until pale golden.
- Semi-thaw biscuit rolls if frozen, slice and cook a little longer for 20-25 minutes.
Tip: Try passionfruit curd or different jams – chocolate nut spreads also work a treat.