Bang bang chicken
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Elizabeth Clarkson
|2 Tbsp||Toasted sesame seeds|
|3 tsp||Sesame oil|
|1 Tbsp||Light soy sauce|
|3 Tbsp||Peanut oil|
|3 Tbsp||Rice vinegar, (chinese black)|
- Put the water, onion, ginger and soy sauce in a large saucepan, then bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Slide the chicken into the saucepan and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Refresh the chicken in iced water to keep its firm texture. When cold, drain and slice thinly in long strips.
- Put the vermicelli in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let it sit for a couple of minutes. Drain well, then toss the sesame oil through.
- Make the dressing by whisking the tahini and water until smooth. Add the other ingredients one at a time in order, whisking gently.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- To serve, place the vermicelli on a large platter and arrange the cabbage, carrot, cucumber, spring onion and chicken on top.
- Pour over the dressing and top with the coriander, peanuts, sesame seeds and szechuan pepper.
- Toss the chicken salad at the table in front of your guests.