Chocolate chunk brownie biscuits
( MAKES about 22 )
Although best eaten warm off the tray, these can be stored in a container – but beware, you may not be able to wait!
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Stir in sifted flour, cocoa and 3/4 of the chopped chocolate.
- Roll into walnut-sized balls (approx 30g) and flatten slightly.
- Decorate with a chocolate chunk or two, and bake on lined trays for 10-14 minutes.
- To test the cookies, gently press around the outside and the texture should feel firm/set, but the centre should be soft when pushed.
- For more crunch, cook longer, or for soft and chewy, cook less.