Raspberry shortcake biscuits
( MAKES 16 )
Change the frosting flavours and tweak the colours to suit your occasion.
- Preheat oven to 175C. Line two oven trays with paper.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out desired shapes from semi-thawed pastry and arrange on the lined trays.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until just golden, then set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk the butter with icing sugar, jam and lemon juice to make a creamy frosting (adjust consistency with icing sugar or lemon juice).
- Chill until required. Add enough water (1-2 tablespoons) to the flavoured icing sugar to make a thin icing glaze.
- Glaze half the biscuits and chill 5 minutes until set.
- Sandwich the cold biscuits with the raspberry frosting and glazed biscuits, then decorate with a sprinkle of raspberry powder if desired.