Grab a bunch of asparagus while it's cheap, plentiful and tastes brilliant. A sprinkling of salt and a drizzle of good olive oil is all it needs to bring out its natural sweetness.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling, salted water according to packet instructions. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Add the bacon and fry for 2-3 minutes until starting to crisp up.
- Add the asparagus and fry over a high heat for 1-2 minutes until just starting to soften and colour.
- Squeeze in the lemon or wine and bubble for 30 seconds. Add the creme fraiche and cheese, season with freshly ground black pepper and cook for 1 minute until hot.
- Drain the pasta, tip back into the pan and toss through the asparagus sauce. Scatter over the parsley and serve.