Savoury fairy bread
Photo by Tamara West
Use this savoury sprinkle as a nutritious and tasty topping on triangles of buttered sandwich bread. Use a good quality butter such as Lewis Road or Whitestone.
- Bake mixed grated cheddar and parmesan on a baking paper lined oven tray until golden and crunchy. Cool and crumble.
- Then bake pitted black olives until crunchy. Cool and finely chop.
- Rougly chop sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and pine nuts.
- Combine cheese, nuts and olives with sesame seeds, poppyseeds, finely chopped parsley, the zest of 1 lemon and a sprinkle of salt.
- Sprinkle this mix over buttered triangles of sandwich bread.