I’ve enriched this skordalia with a splash of pomegranate molasses. If you want an even lighter option, mix the pomegranate molasses with some yoghurt and garlic.
- Soak the bread in cold water, until saturated, then squeeze out excess water.
- Crush the garlic with the sea salt in a pestle and mortar until smooth.
- Place the garlic, bread and vinegar in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and add the pomegranate molasses, then slowly add the oil with the motor still running.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper, cover and refrigerate until required.