Got friends popping round? Whip up a batch of these sweet treats and you'll keep everyone happy. Makes 20 small squares.
|1 packet||Digestive biscuits, (250g)|
|⅓ cup||Caster sugar|
|⅓ cup||Cocoa powder|
- Line a 20cm slice tin with baking paper. Toast the hazelnuts then rub off the skins.
- Break the biscuits into small pieces and put into a large bowl with the hazelnuts.
- Melt the butter and sugar, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in sifted cocoa, then allow to cool.
- Stir the eggs (lightly beaten) into the butter mixture and pour over the biscuits and nuts. Combine, then press into the slice tin and chill.
- Melt the chocolate with the rum and butter in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir and when smooth, pour over the slice and refrigerate before cutting into slices.