Moroccan Lamb Steaks with Couscous
( SERVES 2 )
|1 to taste||Water, (boiling) to cover|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil, (each)|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon juice, (each)|
|1 to taste||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- Heat oil and butter in a frying pan on medium heat and saute onion and carrot until softened. Add apricots, seasoning, cumin, chilli, tomato paste, water, parsley and sunflower seeds. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes on low.
- Meanwhile, put couscous in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Stir, then cover until couscous absorbs water. Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cover until ready to serve.
- To cook lamb, dust steaks with combined cumin, salt and pepper, pressing in well. Heat oil in a frying pan and
- saute steaks for 3 to 4 minutes each side, until medium rare. Rest for a few minutes before serving.
- To serve, fluff couscous and place on two serving plates. Add balsamic vinegar to vegetable sauce. Top couscous with lamb then spoon sauce on one side.