Little known fact: rhubarb can help ease constipation!
|250 g||Brown sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|5 stalks||Rhubarb, washed and chopped into 2cm pieces|
- Cream butter and sugar, then add the vanilla and lemon rind.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt, then stir into the mixture, alternating with the yoghurt. If you don’t, it will curdle.
- When all mixed, stir in the rhubarb pieces. Pour mixture into a cake tin and sprinkle with the topping.
- Bake in a 180 degC oven for 1 to 1½ hours, or until cooked through.