Chicken, lentil and feta salad with tzatziki dressing
Photo by Tamara West
This is a simple tasty chicken salad with healthy lentils and a yoghurt dressing flavoured with fresh herbs.
|½ tsp||Ground cumin|
|1 tsp||Dried oregano|
|3 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|8||Chicken thighs, boneless & skinless|
|1||Red onion, thinly sliced|
|¼ cup||White wine, or chicken stock|
|400 g||Lentils, canned, brown or puy, rinsed and drained|
|½||Telegraph cucumber, diced|
|4 handfuls||Baby spinach|
|100 g||Feta, crumbled|
- Mix paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic and olive oil together and combine with chicken thighs. If you have the time, leave them to marinate for an hour or up to overnight.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry pan or preheat barbecue on medium to high heat. Season marinated chicken with salt and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside to rest for 5-10 minutes, keeping pan on the heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft and starting to caramelise, 3-4 minutes — add a little wine or chicken stock during cooking to lift the chicken pan brownings and stop them from burning on the bottom of the pan. Add lentils and toss to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine all tzatziki dressing ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, slice chicken and toss with onion, lentils, tomatoes, cucumber, baby spinach and feta. Divide between plates and dress with tzatziki dressing.