Chocolate, almond and raisin cakes
( SERVES 12 )
|½ cup||Water, (boiling)|
|100 g||Dark chocolate|
|1 cup||Ground almonds|
|1½ cups||Icing sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|½ cup||Plain flour|
- Put the raisins in a small bowl, pour over the brandy and boiling water then let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease small muffin or friand tins. Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over hot water.
- Reserve a few raisins for a garnish, add the rest with the almonds to the butter and stir.
- Lightly beat the egg whites and gently fold through. Sift the icing sugar, cocoa and flour then add, stirring just to combine.
- Spoon into tins and bake for 20-25 minutes. Melt the chocolate and cream together in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until a thick sauce forms.
- Allow to cool then spoon a little on each cake and top with a few raisins.