Wasabi pikelets and salmon with lime and cucumber salsa
( SERVES 26 )
These light and fluffy pikelets have added zing with a dollop of wasabi. Use the lime flesh to make the zesty salsa, perfect at cutting through the rich salmon.
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|¼ tsp||Baking soda|
|½ tsp||Sea salt|
|1 Tbsp||Coriander, chopped|
|¾ cup||Milk, full-cream|
|¾ tsp||Wasabi paste|
|1 to fry||Oil|
- Sift the flour, baking powder, soda and salt into a medium bowl.
- Stir in the coriander, then whisk in the combined egg, milk and wasabi paste.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a nonstick pan.
- Add small spoonfuls of the pikelet mixture and cook on both sides until golden and puffed. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine salsa ingredients and season to taste.
- Top each pikelet with salsa and flakes of smoked salmon.
- Serve with a pinch of salt and caper berries.