Winter spring rolls with chilli and maple syrup
( SERVES 12 )
Subtle yet delightful, add the flavours of Vietnam to your menu.
Rice Papper Rolls
|2||Pears, skin on, julienned, mixed with lemon juice|
|200 g||Pumpkin, peeled and finely sliced|
|¼||Fennel bulb, peeled and finely sliced|
|¼ cup||Fresh coriander|
|1||Telegraph cucumber, small, deseeded and cut into ribbons|
|¼ cup||Fresh mint|
|¼ cup||Toasted walnuts|
|1 tsp||Fish sauce, Thai|
|12||Rice paper, 22cm rolls|
- For the chili sauce, in a small saucepan, place the maple syrup, whole juiced lime and chilli. Heat over a low heat until the maple syrup has dissolved. Cool.
- For the rolls, place all the ingredients into a large bowl and stir in the honey and Thai fish sauce.
- Have a large bowl of hot water on the bench top, drop in 1 rice paper round, lift out and place onto a damp tea towel. Place some mixture in the middle and fold over both sides, and then roll up into a cigar shape.
- Place slightly apart on a tray lined with plastic wrap, cover with plastic wrap and continue making rolls.
- If not serving straight away, cover and refrigerate. Serve with chilli maple syrup.