Camilla's carrot cake
One of East Tamaki School's highlights last year was a visit from Prince Charles and The Duchess of Cornwall. Camilla was served this cake.
|1 cup||Carrot, grated|
|227 g||Canned crushed pineapple|
|1 cup||Plain flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|¾ tsp||Baking soda|
Cream Cheese Icing
- Preheat the oven to 175 degC.
- Drain the juice from the can of crushed pineapple.
- In a large bowl sieve the plain flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together. Mix in the sugar.
- Add the eggs and oil.
- Mix very well.
- Stir in the grated carrots, crushed pineapple and walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into a greased cake tin.
- Bake in a moderate oven 175 degC for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the cake tin and cool on a cake rack.
- Cream cheese icing: Place all the ingredients into a medium-size bowl and beat very well with a spatula.
- f too thick, add a small amount of milk to give a smooth consistency.
- Smooth a layer of topping over the cake and decorate (the school used lovely blue borage flowers).