Photo by Jason Burgess
I loved this idea, no recipe just garden inspiration, using what is on hand, such as little leaves, herbs, grated vegetables and edible flower garnishes.
- Wash and trim all the leaves, finely dice any tender stalks.
- Tear any very large leaves in half.
- Steam the greens using a bamboo steamer over a pan of hot water. Young people need total supervision for this.
- Once wilted, dry the leaves on a clean tea towel.
- Place on a serving platter and dress with a little sesame oil, lemon juice and maybe some sesame seeds.
Tip: Finish with a simple dressing of oil and lemon juice with a little sugar and mustard.