Spicy rhubarb cake
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a 20cm ring tin with baking paper.
- Put the rhubarb and sugar in a large bowl, then stir well.
- Add the butter and egg and mix well.
- Fold in the sifted dry ingredients, raisins and walnuts.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the top springs back when lightly touched and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- This cake freezes well, but it can also be frozen in individual portions for reheating in the microwave.