Honey almond cake with pears and Greek yoghurt
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
In the mood for something sweet? Try this delicious cake which is perfect with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and some syrupy pears.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Heat the butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan until melted. Whisk in the beaten eggs then fold in the almonds.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the surface springs back when lightly touched.
- Halve the pears, remove the cores then slice lengthwise. In a frying pan, heat the honey, butter and lemon juice.
- Boil for 5 minutes until syrupy then add the pear slices, cook until golden.
- Cut the cake into squares and serve with slices of pear and dollops of yoghurt.