Lime chicken with chickpeas, asparagus and yoghurt mint sauce
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|3||Limes, 1 sliced|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh thyme, chopped|
|200 g||Chickpeas, cooked|
|1 bunch||Asparagus, blanched|
|1 handful||Rocket leaves, for plating|
Yoghurt mint sauce
- In a bowl, zest the two whole limes and squeeze the juice. Add sliced lime, thyme and oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut 3 or 4 slits in the chicken. Place in the marinade, mix well and leave for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Heat a frying pan and brown all over. Place into an ovenproof dish and add reserved marinade, chickpeas and asparagus.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- To make the sauce, combine yoghurt, mint, lime juice and salt.
- Let chicken sit for a few minutes before cutting each piece into three.
- Place a few rocket leaves on each plate, followed by chickpeas, asparagus and chicken. Drizzle with dressing.