Gluten-free kumara fruit cake
- Set oven to 180C. Grease and line a deep 20-23cm cake pan.
- Mash kumara and orange juice together.
- Cream butter and sugar, until light. Gradually beat in eggs. Add kumara mixture.
- Sift in baking mix and cinnamon then add dried fruit and essences.
- Mix well. Spoon into tin and smooth top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan. Keep for a day before cutting.
- Can be iced with butter icing.