Gluten-free courgette loaf
( SERVES 4 )
- Set oven to 175C. Grease a 23cm x 13cm loaf pan.
- Cut a piece of baking paper so it goes down one side of the pan, across the base and up the other side - but not the ends.
- Coarsely grate courgettes. You should have about 2 cups. Squeeze dry.
- Put egg yolks in a large bowl. Beat until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add courgettes, butter, ground almonds, walnuts, brown sugar, honey, mixed spice and baking powder. Mix well.
- In a clean bowl, using a clean beater, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into courgette mixture a little at a time. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then lift out using the baking paper and cool on a rack. Great served sliced and buttered.