Strawberry and white chocolate mousse and mint sugar
( SERVES 4 )
This dessert says "spring" in one mouthful. The minty sugar is such a pretty garnish – use it for everything, from cocktails to icecream sundaes.
|1 punnet||Strawberries, (approx 8-10 large) strawberries, hulled and chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Strawberry liqueur, optional|
|2 Tbsp||Gelatine, plus 1/4 cup water to dissolve it|
|300 ml||Cream, softly whipped|
|¼ cup||White chocolate, grated|
- Combine the strawberries, sugar, water and liqueur in a medium-sized saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes until soft.
- Drain off ½ cup of strawberry syrup and set aside for serving.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatine over the water and allow to rest and absorb for 5 minutes.
- Stir into the hot strawberries and mix until dissolved. Cool for about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, fold together the strawberry mixture, whipped cream and white chocolate, and spoon into serving glasses.
- Chill for 2 hours or until set. To serve, drizzle with reserved strawberry syrup and sprinkle over mint sugar.
- For mint sugar, simply whiz together the mint and sugar until fine and green.