Smoky pork tacos with chilli pineapple salsa
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|1 tsp||Smoked paprika|
|½ tsp||Celery salt|
|600 g||Pork steaks / fillets, scotch fillets|
|¼||Navel orange, juiced|
|½||Pineapple, skin and core removed|
|1 medium||Pineapple, skin and core removed|
|2 Tbsp||Coriander, chopped|
|2||Green chillies, long, finely chopped|
- Mix garlic, paprika, salt and orange juice into a paste and rub all over the pork. Set aside on a plate while preparing salsa.
- Cut pineapple into thin slices, then chop into small dice. Scoop pineapple and any juices into a serving bowl. Stir in chillies, coriander, salt and lime juice.
- Heat a barbecue or ridged grill pan to medium-high heat. Cook the pork for about 3 minutes each side or until medium. Remove to a clean plate and rest pork for 5 minutes before slicing quite thinly. Arrange on a serving plate.
- Just before serving, heat a heavy cast iron or non-stick pan to medium heat. Heat each tortilla for about 30 seconds on each side, and transfer immediately to a diner's plate, then continue with the remaining tortillas.
- Put all the filling components in bowls on the table, then let each person construct and eat their own as soon as their tortilla is warmed. To make tacos, spread a thin layer of sour cream on half of each tortilla. Add some cabbage, then sliced pork and salsa. Fold tortilla in half. Offer hot sauce on the side. Heat the second batch of tortillas once the first is all gone.