Slavinken met cream cucumber sauce on cauliflower
Photo by Chris Loufte
A traditional Dutch recipe with a twist.
- Mix the first four ingredients together by hand in a bowl and form into sausage-size portions.
- Set aside to chill in the fridge.
- Wrap each roll with bacon and toothpick.
- Fry the rolls in a little oil until well-sealed.
- Remove from the pan and set aside and keep warm. Leave the oil and bacon fat in the pan.
- The sauce Peel and deseed a small cucumber and cut into 3/4cm dice-sized pieces.
- Cook until soft in the pan you used for the rolls, adding a teaspoon of paprika.
- Add 2 cups of cream and swirl together, boil to thicken a little.
- Plate the rolls with plain boiled potatoes and cauliflower.
- Pour the sauce over the rolls and the vegetables.