Almond butterfly cakes
A simple vanilla cake, made with almond meal. Serve the cakes with sweet jam - choose a good jam because it will be worth it!
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Line small muffin trays with paper patty cases.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until pale.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well. Fold in the almonds and flour, then gently stir in the milk.
- Spoon mixture into the cases - filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cakes spring back when lightly touched.
- Let cool then slice the tops off and cut in half.
- Whip cream and put a teaspoonful on top of each cake, top with a little raspberry jam, arrange the "wings" and dust with icing sugar.