Poached Prawns with Saffron Aioli
( SERVES 8 )
|1 bunch||Fresh herbs|
|2 cloves||Crushed garlic|
|24||Raw prawns, large, peeled and deveined|
- Place water in a frying pan. Add herbs, garlic and sugar and bring to the boil.
- Add the prawns and remove from the heat.
- Stand until pink and cooked. Drain, refresh in icy water, then chill.
- To make aioli, combine saffron and hot water in a small bowl. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Place egg yolks and garlic and lemon juice in a food processor or blender. Mix until frothy.
- With the motor running slowly add the oil, a tablespoon at a time, initially building up to a thin stream once the mixture emulsifies.
- Slowly add the saffron and water and mix until smooth. Season. Cover and chill.
- Serve aioli in the centre of a platter surrounded by the prawns.