Seven hour leg of lamb
( SERVES 8 )
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Use a sharp knife to make small incisions all over the lamb. Push a sliver of garlic into each one.
- Rub oil all over the meat, then season with salt and pepper.
- Put the meat in a large casserole dish with the garlic, onion, carrot, bouquet garni and wine, then cover with a lid.
- To make a dough to seal the casserole dish and keep the lamb moist, mix the flour and water in a bowl.
- Apply the dough to seal the gap between the pan and the lid. It doesn’t need to look pretty.
- Cook in the oven for at least 7 hours, but preferably up to 10.
- Remove the dish from the oven and break and discard the seal. Serve with roasted potatoes.