Sandwiches go raw & the new Unbakery
Photo by Timmy Shivers
This is a hearty sandwich that would work well deconstructed as a dinner plate as well. It is quick to assemble – you just need to get the mushrooms prepared ahead of time.
lemon thyme mushrooms
|2 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|2||Portobello mushrooms, large, cut into 1cm slices|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 tsp||Chopped thyme|
|½||Garlic clove, very finely crushed|
|¼||Shallot, very finely chopped|
|2 pinches||Sea salt|
Lemon thyme mushrooms
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and marinate for 5 mins.
- Place in a dehydrator at 41 degrees or oven on lowest setting for 2 hours.
- These can be kept in the fridge for 2-3 days.
For the sandwich filling:
- Place the grated courgette, fennel and beetroot in a bowl and mix lightly with the olive oil, parsley, apple cider vinegar, black pepper and salt.
- Take 8 slices of your favourite raw or sprouted bread (you could alternatively use a large lettuce leaf or collar leaf as a wrap).
- Layer the slices of bread with ¼ of each of the ingredients and mushrooms.
- Make sure you are generous with the spouts and the lettuce as the Portobello’s and the beetroot have strong flavours that work beautifully against the fresh, clean flavour of the lettuce, sprouts and avocado.