Pumpkin, using Pop Dining spice blend
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Michael Craig
Use the following as a guide. Dig into the depths of your spice rack/cupboard and use up the old stuff first as spices don't last forever.
Pop Dining Spice blend
- Toast spices until fragrant and blend in a spice grinder or pulverise in a pestle and mortar.
- Slice one pumpkin into even-sized pieces
- Toss in grapeseed or peanut oil
- Toss in about half the spice mix and a little salt
- Spread out sparsely on an oven tray and roast in a hot oven until it smells and tastes good but has not turned to mush, check after 20 minutes.