Silverbeet cheese pie
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|3 cups||Brown rice, cooked|
|3 cloves||Crushed garlic|
|1 bunch||Silverbeet, washed and chopped roughly|
|1 Tbsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 Tbsp||Sweet chilli sauce|
|250 g||Cottage cheese|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2||Tomatoes, sliced (optional)|
|75 g||Cheese, grated|
|8||Vine ripened tomatoes|
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
- Set oven to 170C.
- Melt butter. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft and transparent.
- Add silverbeet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the worcestershire sauce and sweet chilli. Stir then remove from heat.
- Mix cottage cheese, eggs, parsley and parmesan.
- Then add silverbeet, rice, and salt and pepper to taste. Place in a greased ovenproof dish.
- Arrange the tomatoes on top if using and sprinkle grated cheese over and a few grinds of pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden.
- Place vine tomatoes on a small tray, drizzle with olive oil and place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve with roasted tomatoes and your favourite chutney or chilli jam.