Lightly curried coconut and seafood chowder
This fragrant, gutsy mix is sure to please. You can buy frozen mixed seafood bags at the supermarket, or choose your favourite fresh.
|½||Leek, finely sliced|
|2||Celery stalks, finely diced|
|1 tsp||Crushed garlic|
|1 tsp||Curry powder|
|1 tsp||Crushed ginger|
|1 Ltr||Fish stock, hot|
|500 g||Seafood marinara mix, or similar, shrimps, fish, mini mussels, crab meat, squid etc)|
|400 ml||Coconut cream, (1 can)|
|1 to garnish||Coriander, chopped|
|1 to garnish||Toasted coconut, flaked|
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan until melted, then add the leek, carrot, celery, garlic, ginger and curry powder.
- Cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes until fragrant and soft.
- Sprinkle over the flour and stir in.
- Gradually add the hot fish stock, stirring until smooth, and simmer for 4-5 minutes until the carrot is tender.
- Add seafood and simmer for a further 3-4 minutes until just cooked.
- Stir in the coconut cream and return to a simmer.
- Season to taste and spoon into serving bowls.
- Top with the toasted coconut and coriander.