Banana leaf salmon
This is a great way of cooking salmon, as it steams in the banana leaf, keeping it moist. Remember, it’s better to undercook than overcook.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- For the salmon, preheat barbecue flat plate to a medium heat.
- Cut banana leaf into six squares large enough to wrap around salmon portions.
- Blanch in boiling water to soften and make pliable. Refresh under cold water.
- Place each portion of salmon in a banana leaf square and top with ginger slices and snow pea shoots. Drizzle over a little dressing.
- Fold each banana leaf to form a parcel and skewer to hold closed.
- Cook on barbecue flat plate for about 10 minutes, until salmon is just cooked – this will depend on the thickness of your salmon portion.
- It is best served slightly undercooked.
- To serve – remove skewers and open parcels, sprinkle with chilli salt and serve.