Kylie Kara's herb fried bread
( SERVES 2 )
In a smaller bowl, combine:
- Combine the above ingredients in a large bowl and set to one side.
- Once combined, sprinkle 3 teaspoons of yeast over the top and leave to rise.
- Make a well in the bowl of dry ingredients and add ¼ cup of oil and the yeast mixture and combine with about a litre of warm water to make a dough that's not too dry or too sticky.
- Knead the dough with a little flour on a bench, then place mixture back into the bowl and leave to rise in a warm area.
- When risen, knead again and cut into shapes using a cup or other shape.
- Fry in canola oil until puffy and brown and leave to thoroughly drain.