Karen Williams' Stuffed Roll Pork Strips
- Preheat oven to 200 degC.
- Cut the skin off the pork and place on a baking tray.
- Cover each strip with a little oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in oven until crisp and crackly.
- Grate all stuffing ingredients into a bowl, and add the finely chopped herbs and crushed garlic.
- Combine, adding a few drops of oil to bind the stuffing together.
- Roll into 4 portions with your hands. Cut a metre length of cling wrap and lay on the bench.
- Lay two pork strips in middle and place stuffing about 2cm down from the top.
- Roll down, making sure the cling wrap is tight - cut it off quarter of the way down leaving enough to seal the ends.
- Twist the ends and fold over the meat, and seal the end with the remaining piece of cling wrap at each end.
- Repeat until all the strips are rolled. Place in boiling water and poach for 30 -35 minutes.
- Remove from water and rest the rolls for 5 minutes.
- Then remove from the cling wrap, and brown off in hot canola oil