Sauteed Lamb Noisettes with Maxim Potatoes
( SERVES 4 )
|1 Tbsp||Canola oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|8||Lamb, 60g noisettes each|
|1 sprig||Fresh rosemary|
|4||Garlic cloves, skin on|
- For the lamb: Set oven to 180 degC.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Season lamb.
- Place with the rosemary and garlic cloves in the frying pan.
- Brown noisettes on all sides for about 5 minutes. Discard rosemary.
- Transfer lamb and garlic to a baking tray. Roast until cooked, about 5-10 minutes. Tent with foil and rest in a warm place.
- To make sauce, wipe frying pan clean with a paper towel. Add white wine and boil until reduced by two-thirds.
- Add stock and rosemary. Reduce until it coats the back of a spoon. Strain through a fine sieve.
- Meanwhile, boil asparagus or beans, until crisp-tender.
- Place asparagus or beans in the centre of each serving plate. Place 2 lamb noisettes on either side.
- Carefully cut garlic skin to expose the clove and place on the lamb. Arrange the Maxim potatoes at an angle.
- Spoon sauce over the lamb and around the plate.
- For the Maxim Potatoes: Set oven to 150 degC.
- Peel potatoes and slice 2-3mm thick. Do not rinse or stand in water.
- Use a cutter to cut out 48 discs (12 per person). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Arrange 12 discs in an overlapping symmetrical ring. Brush lightly with clarified butter. Repeat to make 4 servings.
- Cover with baking paper and place a baking tray on top. Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet and baking paper.
- Reduce heat to 120 degC and cook potatoes until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Season.