Rosemary and honey olive oil cake
The floral-scented rosemary is a delightful surprise and the cake stays ever so moist with the addition of olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Line a 23cm springform tin with baking paper.
- Using an electric beater, cream the butter, sugar and honey for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each, then mix in the sour cream and oil.
- Fold in the sifted flour and rosemary.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 40-50 minutes until golden and a skewer comes out clean when poked into the centre.
- Serve the cake warm or at room temperature with thickened cream and extra honey and rosemary.