( SERVES 1 )
Photo by Tamara West
This is a simple and delicious way to serve fresh flounder - a good source of vitamin D to help counteract winter's lack of sunshine.
- Lightly dredge a whole flounder in well-seasoned flour.
- Heat a little olive oil and butter until foaming.
- Add the flounder and gently pan fry until nicely coloured on each side.
- Remove fish to rest, and deglaze the pan with chopped capers, fresh lemon juice, parsley and to finish, a knob of butter.
- To serve, pour sauce over flounder and garnish with fresh lemon wedges, parsley and a sprinkle of sea salt.