Calf’s or lamb's liver salad
Photo by Tamara West
Warren Elwin uses foods containing vitamin D (eggs, liver, mushrooms and fish) to help counteract the seasonal lack of sunshine.
- Cut 250g fresh liver into even-sized strips.
- Lightly dredge in flour seasoned with ground turmeric and salt and pepper.
- Quickly pan fry in hot butter to colour each side (do not overcook or it will be dry and tough).
- Deglaze the pan with a little balsamic vinegar or lemon juice to coat the liver.
- Serve with a salad of grated beetroot (raw or roasted until tender), grilled bacon, grapefruit segments, chopped parsley, and toasted pistachio nuts (I candied mine in honey).
Check out Warren's other Vitamin D-rich recipes