Joe Cotton's Spanish baked eggs
- Preheat your oven to 180 degC.
- Place a layer of potato cubes over the base of four buttered ovenproof bowls - just enough to cover the bottom.
- Place the bowls on a baking tray and roast in the oven for around 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the red onion and saute.
- Once the onion begins to soften throw in the chorizo.
- Let the sausage slices brown a little and release some of their delicious fat, then add the mushrooms, capsicum and finally the garlic.
- Continue to stir regularly for 2-3 minutes.
- Next in go the canned tomatoes, followed by the balsamic vinegar.
- Then season with salt and pepper and whatever other Mediterranean spices you love.
- Stir and simmer for 3-4 minutes before setting aside until the potatoes are ready.
- Remove the tray from the oven and spoon a layer of the tomato and chorizo mixture over the potatoes.
- With the back of a spoon, make two wells in the top of the mixture in each bowl.
- Crack an egg into each well (sometimes it's easier to crack the egg into a bowl and pour it into the well).