Bob Parker's French-toasted croque monsieur
( SERVES 1 )
Multiply this recipe to serve as many people as you like.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC.
- Spread the bread with butter or mayo, then the mustard.
- Generously layer slices of ham and tasty cheese on to two slices of the bread and stack up with the third slice to make a three-tier sandwich.
- Beat the egg and milk together (as you would for French toast) and dip the triple-decker in this mixture, allowing the bread to soak up the mixture.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and seal the sandwich, then place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese has melted.