( SERVES 4 )
|½ cup||Amaranth grains|
|1 stick||Celery, diced|
|1 cup||Cucumber, seeded, diced peeled if skin is tough)|
|¼ cup||Fresh mint, finely chopped|
|¼ cup||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley, finely chopped|
|¼ cup||Pine nuts, toasted. finely chopped|
- Rinse amaranth under cold water in a very fine sieve.
- Line sieve with muslin if not fine enough.
- Bring the 1 & 1/2 cups of water to the boil. Add amaranth.
- Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, until most of the water is absorbed and grain is tender.
- Meanwhile, combine vegetables, herbs and pine nuts in a bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients until well combined.
- When amaranth is cooked, rinse under cold water in a fine sieve.
- Drain well, pressing with a spoon to remove excess moisture.
- Add to vegetables and mix with a fork. Mix in dressing.