Toasted coconut and espresso pavlovas
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||White vinegar|
|2 tsp||Espresso coffee, dark|
|½ cup||Toasted coconut|
- Set oven to 140C.
- In the large bowl of an electric beater, beat egg whites until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar, cornflour and vinegar.
- Beat for 8 minutes until thick and glossy.
- Gently fold espresso and coconut through.
- Line a baking tray with paper and draw 4 x 10cm circles.
- Pile meringue mixture evenly on these. They will seem high but will spread.
- Put the pavlovas in the oven.
- Cook for 50 minutes until they are hard when you tap the shell.
- Turn oven off and leave them in there until cold. Overnight is perfect.
- When ready to serve, top with cream, fruit and toasted coconut.