Whitebait with tagliolini
Photo by Babiche Martens
|2||Shallots, (finely chopped)|
|2 cloves||Garlic, (finely chopped)|
|1||Nutmeg, (freshly grated)|
|1||Sea salt and cracked black pepper, (to season)|
- Make the sauce by melting the butter in a medium-sized saucepan and add the shallots to the butter.
- Add the garlic and wine and reduce by boiling to half the amount.
- Add the cream and peppercorns and reduce again for a few minutes.
- Add salt and nutmeg to taste and keep warm.
- Cook the pasta until al dente and drain. Cook the whitebait in the hot sauce for one minute.
- Twirl the pasta into the centre of four warm plates, pile whitebait on top, spoon on some sauce and top with parmesan and parsley.