This is a delicious and simple fish pie that is easy to make.
|3||Bacon rashers, chopped|
|1||Large onion, finely chopped|
|1 clove||Crushed garlic|
|1||Leek, finely sliced|
|4 Tbsp||Fresh parsley, chopped|
|750 g||Smoked fish, skinned, boned and flaked|
|500 g||Sour cream|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 sheets||Shortcrust pastry|
|2 cups||Breadcrumbs, fresh|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon, finely grated rind|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan, add bacon, onion, garlic and gently cook to soften onion.
- Add sliced leek and cook 4 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir through 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley.
- Add the fish to fry pan. Stir in sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Line a 30 x 20 cm baking dish with pastry and fill with the fish mixture.
- Melt butter in pan and mix in breadcrumbs, remaining parsley and lemon rind.
- Sprinkle over fish and bake in the lower part of the oven for 20 minutes and then move to the middle of the oven for a further 10 minutes.