Lamb and cauliflower salad with mint glaze
( SERVES 4 )
A roast means many things to different people. It could be a family tradition, or a full-flavoured feast shared with a glass of wine.
|½ cup||Olive oil|
|2 Tbsp||Rosemary, chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Liquid honey|
|1 clove||Garlic, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Wholegrain mustard|
|2 Tbsp||Apple cider vinegar|
|1 to taste||Sea salt and cracked black pepper|
|1||Boned lamb shoulder, butterflied, (approx 600g)|
|¼||Cauliflower, sliced into florets or even-sized pieces|
|1||Fennel bulb, sliced|
|½ cup||Mint jelly|
|2 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|2 Tbsp||Water, hot|
|2 cups||Salad leaves, or 3, winter green salad leaves (baby spinach and kale, mesclun, etc)|
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Combine the honey, olive oil, rosemary, garlic, mustard, vinegar and seasoning in a jar and shake well.
- Arrange the lamb on a roasting tray lined with baking paper and cover in half the marinade.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes (depending on thickness) until medium rare. Rest for 8-10 minutes.
- In a separate pan, arrange the cauliflower and fennel.
- Toss with the remaining oil and roast for 15-20 minutes until tender and golden.
- Combine the mint jelly, lemon juice and hot water in a jar, or jug, and stir well.
- To serve, arrange the greens on a platter and top with the roasted fennel, cauliflower and sliced lamb.
- Drizzle with the mint jelly glaze.